Today’s 30 Day Challenge post is all about the boys… So here they are, not in any particular order!
1. Robert Pattinson 2. Ryan Gosling.
3. Ian Somerhalder.
4. Garrett Hedlund and 5. David Boreanaz.
Yum! Hope you all enjoy this eye candy filled post. Until next time,
Today marks Day 11 of my 30 Day Challenge, so exciting! Friday’s Day 10 post didn’t go out somehow, so I’ve included it in today’s post! Here we go:
Day 10 – Put your music player on shuffle and write the first ten songs that play!
- Your Song – Elton John
- Kill the Drama – Spitalfield
- Finale – Les Miserables
- Defeatist – Somegirl
- Surprise Surprise – The Starting Line
- It’s Goin’ Down – Fort Minor
- Call Me – Bone Thugs n’ Harmony
- I’m no Angel – Allman Brothers Band
- Watch Out – Atmosphere
- Sailing On – Bad Brains
My family is the reason everything makes sense in this world. They are my support, my inspiration, my safety net, my teachers, my motivation and my best friends.
Since Day 8 of my 30 Day Challenge was to bullet everything you ate for a day, I’m going to combine it with today’s Day 9 post. Here we go!
Day 8: Everything you ate on September 28th 2011
- Venti coffee from Starbucks
- Leftover pasta
- Berringer wine
- Cheese nachos
- Vanilla frozen yogurt
Whew, what an exciting food day that was…. on to the next one!
Day 9: How important you think education is
Ill start by saying that I believe education is an extremely important part of life and those that realize that will undoubtedly be better off. But I’ll follow that with saying I do not believe that a 4 year college education should define our overall perspective and the standard for education.
I have had many friends in my life that were pushed from an early age to get through high school and move right onto college. And where did they end up? With an English degree now working at the Outback Steakhouse, or with a degree in anthropology and now work at Macy’s. I think that the standards need to be broken, and the kids that graduate high school and don’t really know what they want to do should not be pushed into a standard 4 year education.
Education comes in many forms. Every job you hold builds education, every class you attend builds education and sometimes work experience can be a better thing than a college degree. For the last 4 years of my life I have been working and moving forward in a career that I did not go to school for. I had no formal training in this field, yet I was able to find the right internships and jobs to align everything. I think the most important thing is to find out what works for you and what you enjoy doing. Using your education to find your passion to me is what life is all about!
Until next time, XOXO Mallory
I like to think of myself as a pretty mellow and easy going person, but like everybody else on this planet there are a thing or two that just get under my skin. Day 7 of my 30 Day Challenge is to list five pet peeves, and here they are!
- Dust – There is nothing more unattractive to me than a bookshelf, picture frame or lamp shade covered in dust. There are so many ways to prevent this from happening people, just grab a feather duster and go to work!
- Channel Flippers – Now I know this one may seem silly, but when we’re sitting around the TV watching a movie and somebody feels the need to constantly flip through the channels on a commercial break – this is extremely annoying to me! Just leave it alone (ok dad – take note!).
- Homonyms – There, their, they’re – you know the drill. I am nowhere near the best speller in this word and yes, I definitely make my fair share of mistakes. But, when you are writing work emails, tweets etc. please just take .5 seconds to spell check and make sure you’ve got the right words written down!
- Room Temperature Water – This is definitely the silliest one by far, but I have to admit that I can NOT stand room temperature water. It’s surprising how often I’m actually given room temp water at restaurants and bars, it’s called ice people, work it out!
- A Messy Closet – It’s comical to me that I can leave a pile of dirty dishes in the sink, or a stack of ups boxes next to the front door but I can not not not stand to have a messy closet. More importantly, I can not stand to have unorganized accessories. Maybe it’s my 7 years of retail experience or my psychotic attention to detail, either way it’s not happening!
Ok ladies and gents, until next time!
Today marks Day 6 in my 30 Day Challenge, hooray! I’ve decided to keep this challenge to the week days, just to make sure everything stays consistent. Day 6 is all about my views on mainstream music, which for many people is a sore subject. I for one, openly embrace mainstream music because I feel like I have a solid enough background in all musical genres to appreciate anything that’s thrown at me. Now I’ll be the first one to admit that there is a lot of CRAP on the radio now a days, and corporations like MTV do their fair share in making it worse. However music is like many other things in life, everybody has a different perspective, view and taste and that is what keeps it interesting and alive! Some mainstream artists in my current rotation are Cobra Starship, Britney Spears (always), Bruno Mars, Gym Class Hero’s and a lil mix of Kayne and Jay Z.
Until next time, enjoy!
It’s Day 5 of my 30 Day Challenge, as well as Friday and the first day of Fall.. what a great trifecta! Today’s challenge is to write something I would say to an ex. I’m a pretty mellow person, and I try to be as honest and forthcoming as possible with every relationship I have including those with friends and family. I don’t have any ex’s that I would say bad things to so far, which is pretty nice, and rare I’m told. To my highschool boyfriends I would say, I hope you took the time to grow and figure out who you wanted to be. To my college boyfriends I would say, I hope you end up doing what you want with you life and not what others want you to do. And for all the other boyfriends I’ve had I would say, thanks for helping me grow and become the person I am today.
Here we are at day 4 of my 30 Day Challenge! Since I have to post this today, I’ll use yesterday as my bulleted day. Wednesday morning started off like any other…
- Check email, social sites, voice mails
After Starbucks I began working more on the concept for the re-design of my companies Jewelry of the Month program… re-launch coming in October! After working on that for a few hours, I cataloged my latest jewelry haul from the previous weekend. I’m a total nerd and keep a book of all the different jewelry companies and designers I purchase from.
After that, I had lots more work to do…
- Set up contracts with daily deal sites
- Blog about who wore what at the Emmys
- Create affiliate marketing promotion for October
For lunch I had a plain old Caesar salad and Snapple peach iced tea, then I did a little shopping on one of my favorite fashion of the month clubs, Send the Trend! I ended up buying the Harley Stud Clutch from their new Trendsday promotion, which is basically a cute bag/clutch/wallet at a huge discount every Wednesday as well as a fun Petra Grey Rock Ring. (Use my invite to join Send the Trend!)
After lunch it’s back to work…
- Put together a Friday Trend Alert blog post
- Answer CS emails
- Social Media, Social Media, Social Media
- Work on auto-responder emails for our new fashion Facebook app
Lot’s more work then sushi time!
After dinner was pretty boring..
- Caught up on Sons of Anarchy
- Worked on my GIA homework – jewelry essentials
- Caught up on the Rachel Zoe Project
- Queued up blog posts for OMGbuymeTHIS’s 30 Day Challenge
- Started reading the Rum Diaries
My night ended up with me in bed with my girls, Khloe and Evie with a new Spotify playlist. The End!
Today marks Day 1 in my latest blogging adventure – 30 Day Challenge. I’ve seen a few friends doing similar challenges and stole this one from the lovely Mira and her blog The Beauty Bohemian! Out of all the 30 day challenges I found, this one definitely had the most interesting set of questions. Let’s see if I can keep up!
- Five ways to win your heart
- Something you feel strongly about
- A book you love
- Bullet your whole day
- Things you want to say to an ex
- Your views on mainstream music
- Five pet peeves
- What you ate today
- How important you think education is
- Put your music player on shuffle and write the first ten songs that play
- Your family
- Five guys whom you find attractive
- Your opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it
- What you wore today
- Your zodiac/horoscope and if you think it fits your personality
- Something you always think ‘what if…’ about
- Something that you’re proud of
- A problem that you have had
- Five items you lust after
- Your fears
- How you hope your future will be like
- Your academics
- Something that you miss
- Five words/phrases that make you laugh
- Something you’re currently working on
- Things you like and dislike about yourself
- A quote you try to live by
- Somewhere you’d like to move or visit
- Five weird things that you like
- One thing you’re excited for
Day 1 – Five ways to win my heart
Ill start this off by saying, this question really depends on the person. Anybody and everybody has the ability to win my heart and many different people have.
Take me somewhere I haven’t been before – nothing is more exciting to me than discovering new places on the map. I live for traveling!
Cook for me – Done and done. I love cooking for people, and somebody who enjoys this as much as I do is definitely top of my friends list.
Take an interest in my family – My family is everything to me, and having people in my life who appreciate and value that mean a lot.
Love animals – If you want to be in my life as any kind of friend than you have to love or at least like animals. I have always and will always have pets, so if your not an animal person, keep walking.
Like to shop – Everybody in my life knows how much I love to shop. My closet looks like the accessories department at bloomys and no matter where I am I’ll find my way into a nearby store. Now I’m not saying I have a $$ spending problem, I can shop all day and not buy anything – to me it’s all about finding new inspiration.
Day 1 down, 29 more to go!